The Top Sites to deposit with Skrill
How it works
- To use the Skrill (Moneybookers) gambling deposit option, you have to hold an account at a participating New Zealand bank, as well as a Skrill account (open one at www.skrill.com/en/).
- Once your Skrill (Moneybookers) account is up and running, transfer some funds into it from your bank account. Their automated system makes it easy to do this – just follow the instructions. You will use that money to make deposits into your online casino account. Of course, you do not only have to transfer real cash from your Skrill account. You can also use it to transfer funds – including your online gambling winnings – into your Skrill account and from there to your bank account.
Depositing money into your casino account with Skrill
- When you create an account at an online casino, choose Skrill (Moneybookers) as your preferred payment option.
- When you want to transfer real money into your account at the casino, go to the cashier and then choose Skrill as the deposit option.
- Insert the amount you wish to transfer to your account. You will be linked to Skrill and the entire transaction will be protected with encrypted software.
- Confirm the transaction and the transfer from Skrill will happen almost immediately.
Choose one of our recommended sites with their great welcome bonuses, lots of thrilling gambling games and efficient customer service. Online gambling with Skrill (Moneybookers) for New Zealand gamblers is just a few mouse clicks away!
Now You're Ready To Start Out With Skrill
It may not be PayPal but, for online gamblers based in New Zealand or Australia, this is about as close as you can get. With a user interface that will feel very familiar if you've ever used PayPal – and a service that's just as quick, safe and reliable – this is one payment option that we think you're going to want to try.
Skrill gambling isn't available everywhere in the world (it can't be used for real cash wagers in most of the USA, for example), so we think that anyone who can take advantage of this great service should at least give it a go! The vast majority of sites that accept Kiwi and Aussie players will also accept Skrill, and we've listed plenty of great options on this page, so you're just a click away from being able to try Skrill gambling for yourself.
Who are Skrill?
Skrill is a company that specialises in virtual payment solutions, founded way back in 2001, that has acquired a number of other companies and grown significantly as a result. It used to be known as Moneybookers but was rebranded between the years of 2011 and 2013.
How does the process work?
You can top up your Skrill account in a number of different ways, such as using a credit card or bank transfer, and can then use that credit just as you would use real cash to pay for goods or services anywhere that Skrill is accepted.
How can I sign up?
Just go to Skrill's website to set up a new account. You'll need to verify a few personal details before you can get the most out of Skrill, but getting the process started takes only a few minutes.
Can I use Skrill for online gambling?
This depends on where you're located but the short answer is that you can. Merchants need to register with Skrill before they can accept payments and, since many online casinos have merchant accounts, this suggests that Skrill has no concerns about processing online gambling payments.
How quick are deposits/withdrawals?
Here's where, when you're partaking in online gambling, Skrill really shines – deposits and withdrawals made using this service can be processed pretty much immediately, although the withdrawal process will take a little longer while the casino approves and initiates the transfer.
How does it compare with other payment options?
With its extra layers of security, lightning fast speed and ease of use, it's easy to make a case that Skrill is one of the best payment methods out there for Kiwi online gamblers. If nothing else, it certainly goes down as one of the best e-wallet services for placing real cash wagers.
Are there any fees involved?
It's very unlikely that you'll encounter any fees when using Skrill in an online casino. In fact, many will even offer you a cashback bonus just for using an e-wallet service like Skrill because payments made using this method are very easy for gambling sites to process.
Is Skrill safe to use?
With security measures in place that are comparable to those used by banks and other financial institutions, not to mention the way that Skrill conceals your bank/credit card details from merchants, Skrill gambling is one of the safest methods we've encountered.